
Well I believe I have discovered and accomplished what I was looking for folks. After the study last time, I pulled out my old scanner and decided to do some experiments with it and try to get as close as I could to a photogram using digital equipment and softwares.
After much delay, I came about something that I find more intriguing about scanners verses making a photogram in the darkroom. In the darkroom you tend to get the shape and/or outline of an object on a black background which is hard to do with just a scanner. But I cracked the code and found out a way to come close to a photogram in a dark room but also achieving more details in the process, from a scanner versus a darkroom photogram.
I wasn't just trying to go after a close to traditional photogram that I could acheive in the darkroom. There was a method I used back in college that I wanted to explore some more. That process was taking a photogram and exposing an image on top to form a whole new realm and world. Making things pop.
I knew there had to be a way to approach such an image in digital format and there is! :)
I won't be going into much detail as to how I approached this image but you do need to know how to use a scanner, shadow box, and post processing softwares to create such an image and to be all around creative.
After the first image (up top) was produced on my scanner using a "shadow box" technique. I went into PSP9 software and played with layers and paint to place the other image on top. This is what came about.

I definitely acheived what I was going after and much more.

No comments:
Post a Comment