Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Digital Photogram - Study


Ok so today while working on my latest project I came up with this wild idea. Since most of my education and experience is in black and white darkroom development; I wondered if anyone ever tried or came close to trying to make photograms using digital equipment.

When I googled "Digital photograms" the first name to pop up was Harold Davis. Although his work is astounding and remarkable it wasn't exactly what I was going for. However, it did give me some insight as to what route to take when attempting my style and technique of approaching a classical photogram in a darkroom with a twist using digital softwares and equipments to acheive it.

This image is just one study that I came up with from a scanned image I already had available that I digitally transformed before hand just to try the technique out. So far I like what I started with. So, there shall be more studies to come.

More of an explaination of how I came about such a technique will be discussed in further blogs.

This is more like a sample and a "sketch in a sketch book", if you may, to remind me to do a further study.



Copyright © Kimberly Trundle (CreateNovate)

No comments: